LEE X SMILEY – ELROW CONTEST
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
To enter this contest, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES: PURCHASE OBLIGATION TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sponsor/Administrator: VF Europe BVBA (“Lee” or “Sponsor”), a Belgian corporation with a principal place of business at Fountain Business Park – C. Van Kerckhovenstraat 110, 2880 Bornem, Belgium, Trade registered number RPM 0405.039.138.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open only to legal residents of the UK who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, its licensees, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies and “immediate family members” and “household members” of such individuals, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Participants may be required to provide proof of legal residency in one of the countries listed above upon retrieving the gift. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
3. Timing: This contest begins on or about 9:00 AM Central European Time (“CET”) 1st of JUNE 2018 and ends 25th of June 2018 at 23.59 PM Central European Time (“CET”) (“Promotion Period”).
4. How To participate:
1) To enter the contest a mandatory purchase of a Lee X Smiley collaboration item (T-shirt / Sweater / Jacket / Jeans) with one of the following product codes:
and this in Lee Store London
33 Neal Street Covent Garden
2) All consumers complying with the elements stated in point 4. 1) will receive a contest card that needs to be duly filled out.
Following information needs to be provided:
Full name (Name, Surname)
Answer to the subsidiary question: How long does Smiley exist?
3) Participants need to drop the duly filled out participation card in the collection box that will be installed in the Lee Store Antwerp.
5. Conditions for winning the contest
Two (2) tickets for ELROW TOWN 2018 - LONDON, taking place on 18th and 19th of August 2018 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London will be offered to the winning person.
The potential winner will be selected based on the subsidiary question. The winner being the person indicating a number closest (or identical) to the real number.
In case of an ex-aequo a random draw will be organized in order to define the potential winner. Non-winning peron(s) will not be entitled to any form of compensation, even if their answer on the subsidiary question made them part of the final draw that takes place in the case of an ex-aequo.
The potential winner will be contact by mail (using the email address provided on the contest card) and this within 2 days after the contest end-date. If the potential winner does not respond within 2 days after the first attempt to contact him/her, Lee will select an alternate potential winner using the same procedure as mentioned above.
If, due to any circumstances, the organisation would fail to offer the indicated price to the winner (2 Tickets for ELROW TOWN 2018 – LONDON) the winner will be entitled to a compensation. This compensation will consist of a voucher for Lee clothing with a total value of £200 valid in the store where the contest-card was entered. This voucher will be valid until 31/12/2018.
The winner will be solely responsible for any and all costs and travel expenses from their place of residence to the store location.
Entry contest guidelines: Entries must comply with the following guidelines to be eligible.
Requested information must be duly completed (name, e-mail address, subsidiary question) and on the original contest-card, provided in the participating stores.
Only one contest-card can be submitted per person, even if one person purchases several items that comply with stipulations mentioned in point 4. 1).
Sponsor reserves the right to verify all Entries.
If you would like to receive updates from Lee on new collections, events, promotions and news, please check the following box on the contest-card.
(i) I would be happy to receive further communication from Lee.
7. Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, the Winner grants permission for the Promotion Parties and their agents to use his/her name, video, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, PROMOTIONAL PARTIES OR ANY OF THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS ("SPONSOR ENTITIES”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES, AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR ENTITIES FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES AND MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security or administration of this Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to, fraud, tampering or other technical problem, that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the unclaimed prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for Sponsor to use each entrant’s name, hometown, biography, photographic and artistic likeness, voice and prize won, for advertising, trade, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any media throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrants if any such entrant fails to execute any required paperwork or engages in any activity, which offends the public morals, embarrasses Sponsor or violates the law of any jurisdiction. Winner will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility/liability and, except where prohibited, a publicity release that must be completed, signed and returned within two (2) days of notification attempt or alternate winner will be selected.
By entering and participating in the Contest, you agree (i) to abide and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and represent and warrant that all information provided by you in connection with the Contest is true, accurate and complete as of the date of entry, (ii) Sponsor has not made any warranty or guarantee in whole or in part in relation to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or suitability for use, and (iii) Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or deem ineligible any entrant they suspect to be in violation of, or to have failed to agree to, these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner
10. Disputes: Except as prohibited, any disputes concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels, Belgium. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.